Adult Production Health & Safety Services (APHSS) is a service
administered by the Free Speech Coalition (FSC), in order to provide
adult industry producers and performers with a reliable protocol and
database for STI testing.
Once you sign up for APHSS:
PERFORMERS can view information on recommended testing facilities
located in the Los Angeles area, and nationwide. Personal medical
information will be accessible to performers through the testing
facilities they choose, while availability information remains updated
and secure on the database.
PRODUCERS can verify performer’s availability.
AGENTS also can view availability for their clients, performers.
TESTING FACILITIES affiliated with APHSS will submit data promptly,
within a guaranteed amount of time. Data will be updated daily in the
The APHSS Advisory Committee will be comprised of appointed members,
including five performers, two producers, a legal consultant, and a
medical consultant, that will work with an APHSS coordinator to
oversee and set policy for the APHSS program. The Committee will work
closely with talent agency organization LATATA, as well as members
from the groups they represent, in order to provide insight and
feedback on the concerns of APHSS users and other industry members.
In phase two of APHSS development, the program will include health &
safety education options for performers, as well as health & safety
resources for content producers and agents.
- Administers the program
- Supervises all program components
- Responsible for communication to producers, performers and agents
- Coordinates communication for adult production health and safety to media, governmental agencies, legislature etc
- Representation from performers, producers, Medical Consultant, agents, workplace safety attorney
- Evaluates and provides input on existing program and makes suggestions for revisions
- Facilitates communication with stakeholder groups
- APHSS representative to their stakeholder community, available to speak with to media, governmental agencies, legislature and industry, when requested
- Create and monitor database
- Ensure secure data policies procedures
- Database maintenance and problem-solving when necessary
Medical Consultant (STI Health Expert)
- Establish, with input from FSC staff, Advisory Council members (representing performers, directors, and agents), and STD experts, policies and procedures for STD testing, and guidelines for STD treatment by outside clinicians. Update policies and procedures on a regular basis.
- Serve as liaison with testing organizations, outside clinicians, and regulators
- Perform quality assurance reviews periodically
- Advises on and manages FSC activities concerning infected performers, co-workers, and sexual partners. This does not involve the provision of medical services to these groups by the Medical Consultant
- Updates FSC pathogen exposure control plan
- APHSS customer service
- Coordinate APHSS meetings
- Provide information and reports as requested